If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (808) 329-6560

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Household Appliance Safety Tips for Wailuku, Maui Locals?

5/28/2024 (Permalink)

A microwave oven is on fire. We restore property damage 24 hours a day in Hawaii and Maui.

Aloha! Our Hawaii and Maui teams restore property damage caused by failed household appliances every year. Some home appliance failures cause water damage, while others cause fire damage. Here are some household safety tips for electric appliances from the National Fire Protection Association:

  • Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician.
  • When buying or remodeling a home, have it inspected by a qualified private inspector or in accordance with local requirements.
  • Only use one heat-producing appliance (such as a coffee maker, toaster, space heater, etc.) plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time.
  • Major appliances (refrigerators, dryers, washers, stoves, etc.) should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet. Extension cords and plug strips should not be used.
  • Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets. Extension cords are intended for temporary use.
  • Call a qualified electrician or your landlord if you have:
  • Frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuit breakers
  • A tingling feeling when you touch an electrical appliance
  • Discolored or warm wall outlets
  • A burning or rubbery smell coming from an appliance
  • Flickering or dimming lights
  • Sparks from an outlet

Call Us Today!

When your home or commercial business in Wailuku has property damage from a failed household appliance, our local Hawaii and Maui teams are Here to Help®. Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!

SERVPRO® franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts