Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
Response time is very important. Most insurance companies in their policies state, that they do cover damage within 14 days of the initial water leak. Anything after 14 days is considered lack of maintenance and the owner's responsibility. We had two cases where one apartment has been left unattended for 9 months and mold has developed all the way to all the interior walls 6 feet tall. The initial leak would be covered but the rest was not. Another situation, very recently we went to the house where toilet tank cracked and leaked from Thanksgiving to Valentines Day and covered both floors, all the kitchen cabinets had mold growing on them within weeks. Similar to the previous scenario the insurance company will be very unlikely to cover the whole damage. That is why the response time is crucial, especially if it is a condo on higher floors.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (808) 329-6560
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 2170 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Hawaii | SERVPRO of Maui arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.