If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (808) 329-6560

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Unattended Candle Cause of Fire Damage in Captain Cook Home?

6/27/2023 (Permalink)

A closeup of a candle flame is shown. We restore water damage 24 hours a day in Hawaii and Maui.

Aloha! Candles create ambiance and mark important dates in our lives. Birthdays, anniversaries, and special events may use candles as part of the festivities. Candles left unattended are one of the top causes of fire damage in homes. Our local Hawaii and Maui teams are highly trained and certified to restore fire damage in Captain Cook. Here are some tips for using candles safely from the National Fire Protection Association:

  • Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
  • Keep candles at least 1 foot away from anything that can burn
  • Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won’t tip over easily
  • Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
  • Light candles carefully. Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame.
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container
  • Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
  • Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.
  • Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles.

Call Us Today!

When your home or commercial business in Captain Cook has fire damage, our local teams in Hawaii and Maui will restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!

Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts