Rainstorm Floods Home in Hawi?
Aloha! Our teams in Hawaii and Maui are the go-to storm damage specialists Hawi locals rely on. Hawi averages 74 inches of rain each year. Storms are known to cause water damage and flash flooding. Major storms are not an issue for our team of professionals. We are part of a national network of over 1800+ franchises that can mobilize quickly to anywhere in the United States when storms cause significant damage. Here are some tips for things you can and should not do after a flooding event:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after the removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Hawi has stormwater damage, our local teams in Hawaii and Maui can help. We’ll restore your rain damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.