Can a Musty Odor Indicate Hidden Mold Damage in Hilo?
Aloha! Our teams in Hawaii and Maui are certified to mitigate and remediate mold damage by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the nonprofit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration industries. Often a strong, musty odor is a sign of a mold outbreak, and the mold is often a symptom of a water damage issue. We will correct any water damage issues to minimize the potential for the mold to return once the mold removal process is complete. Here is some information from our website about mold:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or air conditioning and heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet
- Mold spores thrive on moisture
- Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water
- Mold colonies may produce allergens and irritants
- Before mold remediation begins, any water or moisture sources must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
When you discover mold growing in your Hilo home or business, our local teams in Hawaii and Maui can help. Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.