Is Your Business in Hilo Ready for Flooding?
Aloha! Our local teams in Hawaii and Maui respond to commercial storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Hilo. With all the rain that Hawaii County gets, it is always good to be prepared in the event of flooding. Here is a list of things you can do to prepare your property before a flood from the County of Hawaii's website:
KNOW YOUR FLOOD HAZARD
- Is your property located within a floodplain? Find out more (HERE)
INSURE YOUR PROPERTY FOR YOUR FLOOD HAZARD
- Ask your insurance agent if you are covered for flood damage
- Renters should buy flood insurance for their contents
- Take advantage of a low-cost Preferred Risk Policy
PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THE HAZARD
- Turn around, don't drown.
- Know the flood warning signals.
- Designate a place where your family can meet after an evacuation order is issued.
CHECKLIST - BEFORE A FLOOD
- Keep an emergency kit with supplies and materials
- Determine if your property is located in an area subject to flooding
- Purchase flood insurance on your property
- Maintain gulches, ditches, and pipes by keeping them free of obstructions from debris
- Protect your property from flooding and wind damage
- Meet permitting requirements
Call Us Today!
When your business in Hilo has water or storm damage, our local teams in Hawaii and Maui are Here to Help.® We'll restore your property damage "Like it never even happened." Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.