Storm Evacuation Tips for Kailua-Kona Pets?
Aloha! If you have pets in Kailua-Kona, be sure to include them in your emergency evacuation plan. Our local teams in Hawaii and Maui offer these pet safety tips for situations when you need to evacuate:
- Make sure your pets are included in your family’s evacuation plan
- Build an evacuation kit for each pet in your household
- Ensure each kit is a size and weight that can be quickly loaded into a vehicle when packing to evacuate.
Include supplies for your pet in your emergency kit or assemble an emergency kit for your pet. Here are some pet emergency kit tips from the American Red Cross:
- Sturdy leashes and harnesses
- Food, drinking water, bowls, cat litter/pan, and a manual can opener
- Medications and copies of medical records
- A first-aid kit
- Current photos of you with your pet(s) in case they get lost
- Information on feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to foster or board your pets
- Pet beds and toys, if easily transportable
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Kailua-Kona has storm damage, our local teams in Hawaii and Maui are Here to Help.® We’ll restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.