Fire Safety Tips for Hawi Babysitters?
Aloha! If you use babysitters in Hawi, you will want to ensure they know how to respond in the event of a fire. Our teams in Hawaii and Maui offer these babysitting tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Show the babysitter your home escape plan and make sure the babysitter understands:
- There are two ways out of every room
- Where the outdoor meeting place is located
- The fire department or emergency phone number
- The address of the home
- How to unlock all doors and windows
- Keeps your child at least three feet away from the stove
- Keeps your child at least three feet away from the microwave oven
- Never leave the room while cooking
- Keeps anything that can catch fire away from the stovetop
- Keeps pets off surfaces and countertops
- Get out of the home quickly with your child to safety when the smoke alarm sounds
- Use the second way out if smoke is in the way
- Get low and go under the smoke to the exit if an escape must be made through smoke
- Store matches and lighters out of your child’s reach
- Your babysitter should not use candles
- Make sure your babysitter keeps a three-foot “kid-free zone” around space heaters
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Hawi has fire damage, our local teams in Hawaii and Maui are Here to Help.® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.