If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (808) 329-6560

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Microwave Fire in Kailua-Kona Home?

10/3/2022 (Permalink)

A microwave oven is on fire. We restore fire damage 24-hours a day in Hawaii and Maui.

Aloha! Our teams in Hawaii and Maui are Here to Help. ® when you need fire damage cleanup and restoration services. Kailua-Kona locals can rest easy knowing they are choosing a company with over twenty years of fire damage restoration experience!

Microwave ovens make it easy to reheat food or quickly defrost dinner. Here are some microwave safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:

  • PURCHASE a microwave oven that is listed by a qualified testing laboratory. Make sure to complete and return the product registration card. This way, the manufacturer can reach you if there is a recall of the product.
  • PLUG the microwave oven directly into the wall outlet — never use an extension cord
  • MAKE sure the microwave oven is at a safe height, within easy reach of all users
  • OPEN food slowly, away from the face. Hot steam or the food itself can cause burns.
  • FOOD heats unevenly in microwave ovens. Stir and test before eating or giving to children.
  • NEVER heat a baby bottle in the microwave. Since a microwave oven heats unevenly, it can create hot pockets, leading to burns. Warm a bottle in a bowl of warm water, not hot or boiling, or by running it under the tap.

Call Us Today!

When your Kailua-Kona home or commercial business needs fire damage cleanup and restoration services, our local teams in Hawaii and Maui can help. Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!

Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts