Outdoor Electrical Safety Tips for Kailua-Kona Locals?
Aloha! Kailua-Kona locals spend lots of time outdoors and use lighting to improve the look and safety of their homes and businesses. Electrical fires are one of the top three causes of fire damage in the United States. Our local teams in Hawaii and Maui offer these electrical safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to help prevent electrical fires outdoors:
Outside Electrical Work
- Have a qualified electrician do all electrical work
- To prevent an electrical shock, make sure all your outside electrical receptacles are ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected
- Have a professional tree cutting service trim any branches that might fall into electric wiring
- Use lighting and power tools that are listed by a qualified test laboratory and make sure they are made for outdoor use
- Store your electrical tools indoors
- Keep electric tools away from children
- Keep the area around your electric meter and other electrical equipment clean
- Check lighting and extension cords for damage before using. Replace any damaged cords right away
- Use extension cords listed by a qualified test laboratory and marked for outdoor use
- Extension cords are not meant for long-term use
Call Us Today!
When you have fire damage in your Kailua-Kona home or commercial business, our teams in Hawaii and Maui are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.