Hurricane Preparedness Tips For Hilo Families?
Aloha! Are your prepared in the event a hurricane hits Hilo? Our teams in Hawaii and Maui are Here to Help ® when you have storm damage. Here are some tips from the State of Hawaii Emergency Management Agency for preparing for a hurricane:
- Store emergency supplies in a sturdy kit such as a rolling cooler
- Store one gallon of water per person per day for at least 14 days
- Store high-calorie, shelf-stable food in a cool, dry place
- A battery-operated radiowill often work when other methods of communication are not available
- If you are trapped by debris after a storm or earthquake, a whistle could save your life
- Hygiene and cleanlinessitems such as hand sanitizer, sanitary wipes, toilet paper, and bags to contain waste
- If you have a condition requiring medication, make sure to stock extra with your emergency supplies. A hard copy of any prescriptions may also help if you need to resupply after a disaster. If your medication requires refrigeration, consider purchasing a generator or storing a supply of ice packs and a cooler for use if the power goes out.
Call Us Today!
Our teams in Hawaii and Maui have the advanced training, equipment, and experience to restore residential and commercial storm damage in Hilo “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.