How Can I Keep My Water Heater From Leaking in Kamuela?
Aloha! Our teams in Hawaii and Maui have restored water damage in Kamuela for over twenty years. Water heaters require professional maintenance to keep them running in top condition. Here is some information on water heater maintenance from the National Board of Pressure Vessel Inspectors:
Hire a qualified service professional to:
- Burners should be cleaned once a year for gas and oil-fired water heaters. Have the service professional inspect flues and vents for cracks or loose connections that could leak deadly exhaust gases.
- Have a qualified plumber replace your anode rod once every two to five years
- The service life of a temperature and pressure (T & P) valve is usually three years. Even if a T & P valve looks fine from the outside, manufacturers recommend they be removed and visually inspected for accumulations of corrosion deposits
- Call a qualified plumber if your water tank is leaking
- If the T & P valve is discharging water or steam, the ONLY safe intervention is to remove the heat source by cutting off its fuel, if you can. For an electric heater, trip the circuit breaker; for a gas heater, shut off the gas.
- If your water heater overheats, call a qualified plumber and allow the water heater to cool naturally. Never try to relieve the pressure yourself. Never add cool water to the tank; never try to cool it by spraying it with a hose.
Call Us Today!
When your Kamuela home or commercial business has a water damage emergency, our teams in Hawaii and Maui are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.