Flooding in Hana?
Aloha! Our local teams in Hawaii and Maui restore storm damage throughout the year. The County of Maui’s website contains helpful information on road closure notifications, and the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency’s (HI-EMA) website includes valuable information about flooding safety.
Here are some important steps you can take.
- During heavy rains or human-made structure failures such as a dam breach, flash flooding can occur quickly and without warning
- Be prepared to evacuate and move immediately to higher ground. Do not wait for instructions to act.
- Do not cross fast-flowing water in your vehicle or on foot – Turn around, do not drown!
- Contact your property/casualty agent or broker about flood insurance, which is offered through the National Flood Insurance Program
Make a Plan
- Plan escape routes – ensure all family members know where to go and how to get out
- Meeting place – choose a physical location to meet if communication between family members is down
- Family communication – identify a family member who lives out-of-state who can notify everyone when they are safe
Call Us Today!
Heavy rain and flooding are dangerous for everyone involved. If you have storm damage in your Hana home or commercial business, call our local teams in Hawaii and Maui today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.