Portable Fireplace Safety Tips for Keauhou?
Aloha! Keauhou locals love a good open fire at night. In recent years, ethanol-burning portable fireplaces have become more popular. However, the fuel, device, and open flame can be dangerous. SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui offers these ethanol-burning fireplace safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- A portable ethanol burning fireplace, and the fuel, should only be used by adults
- Clean up any fuel spillage and be sure all liquid has evaporated before lighting the fireplace
- Light the fireplace using a utility lighter or long match
- An adult should always be present when a portable fireplace is burning
- Place the fireplace on a sturdy surface away from table edges
- It’s a good idea to crack a window open for a fresh supply of air
- Never try to move a lit fireplace or one that is still hot
- Don’t pour ethanol fuel in a device that is lit or not completely cool. It may result in a fire or injury.
- Allow the device to cool down for at least 15 minutes before refueling
- Extinguish the flame when you leave the room, home, or go to sleep
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.