Christmas Tree Disposal Safety Tips for Kailua-Kona?
Aloha! Now that the winter holidays are over, it’s time for Kailua-Kona locals to get rid of the Christmas tree and take down the decorations. There may be options for having your tree recycled after the Christmas holiday, so be sure to check with your waste disposal company or your city website to find out about recycling programs in your area. SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui offers these after Christmas safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Get rid of the tree after Christmas or when it is dry
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious
- Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or the garage or placed outside against the home
- Check with your local community to find a recycling program
- Bring outdoor electrical lights inside after the holidays to prevent hazards and make them last longer
When you have a fire damage emergency, our technicians are on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day. Kailua-Kona locals and businesses can rely on SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui to restore the fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.