Holiday Light Fire in Lahaina?
Aloha! SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui has over twenty years of experience restoring fire damage in Lahaina. More fires are reported during the winter months than at any other time of the year, and holiday decorating is a known cause for many of these fires. Here are some holiday decorating tips to ensure you have a happy and safe New Years Eve celebration:
Holiday Decorating and Entertaining Tips
- Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights, so the cords do not get damaged
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors
- Test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your home fire escape plan
- Keep children and pets away from lit candles
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop
- Ask smokers to smoke outside. Provide large, deep ashtrays for smokers. Wet cigarette butts with water before discarding them.
Call Us Today!
When you have a fire damage emergency, our technicians are on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day. Lahaina locals and businesses can rely on SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui to restore the fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.