Cooking Fire in Captain Cook?
Aloha! SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui responds to fire damage emergencies in Captain Cook every year. According to a report published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), ranges or cooktops were involved in 61 percent of home cooking fires between 2014 and 2018.
Here are some home cooking safety tips from the NFPA:
- Be on alert! If you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol, don’t use the stove or stovetop.
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- If you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly, remain in the home while food is cooking, and use a timer to remind you that you are cooking
- Keep anything that can catch fire (oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels, or curtains) away from your stovetop
- Households that use electric ranges have a higher risk of cooking fires and associated losses than those using gas ranges
Call Us Today!
If you ever need fire damage restoration services for your Captain Cook home or commercial business, SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.