Party Fire in Kihei?
Aloha! The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that more than one-third of the Halloween decoration fires reported each year start with a candle. SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui responds to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day. We wish everyone a Happy Halloween and offer some tips from the NFPA for having a safe Halloween celebration in Kihei:
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily
- Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
- When using electrical lighting to decorate your home, make sure it is used according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
For families still planning to attend Halloween parties or go trick-or-treating:
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric that could come in contact with open flames or other heat sources
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes
When you need fire damage restoration services for your home or business, SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage in Kihei, “Like it never even happened.” Call us at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.