Smoke Alarm Safety Tips for Kailua-Kona?
Aloha! For the past twenty years, SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui has been mitigating and restoring fire damage for families and businesses in Kailua-Kona. Smoke alarms save lives, and it is essential to test and maintain your smoke alarm system regularly. The National Fire Protection Association offers this helpful information about smoke alarm safety:
Smoke Alarms Safety Tips
- A closed-door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area
- Install alarms on every level of the home
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected so when one sounds, they all sound
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every ten years
Call Us Today!
Fires can happen at any time, and having a properly functioning smoke alarm system can save lives. When you need fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Here to Help. ® Call us at 808-329-6560. We’ll restore your fire damage in Kailua-Kona, “Like it never even happened.” Mahalo!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.