Wind Damage in Waikoloa?
Aloha. SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui has been restoring storm damage in Waikoloa. High winds can cause serious damage to traditional and manufactured homes, but there are things homeowners can do to minimize the potential for wind damage. Here are some helpful wind damage mitigation tips from State Farm Insurance:
- Keep your home firmly anchored in high winds by having anchor bolts with heavy-gauge, square bolt washers installed to connect your floor to the foundation
- Reinforce the rest of the frame by connecting wall and floor components with properly installed plywood or oriented strand board and attach roof trusses or rafters to the walls with metal connectors
- On existing homes, this can be done when replacing siding
- Manufactured homes are more prone to damage from high winds as a result of non-permanent foundations
- Inspect all straps and tie-downs regularly for rust, weakness, or wear and have repairs made immediately
- Install windows rated for the wind speeds in your region
- For the best protection in hurricane-prone areas, install impact-resistant permanent shutters that meet applicable building code approved standards
When you need storm damage restoration services for your Waikoloa home or business SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Here to Help. ® Call us at 808-329-6560. We’ll clean and restore your wind damage, “Like it never even happened.” Mahalo!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.