Flooding Safety Tips for Kailua-Kona Residents?
Aloha. Do you know that SERVPRO® of Hawaii | SERVPRO® of Maui has been responding to storm damage emergencies for over twenty years in Kailua-Kona? When there is a severe storm and your home floods in the middle of the night, it is important to know what to do and NOT to do while waiting for help to arrive. Here are some tips from our website:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When you need storm damage restoration services for your Kailua-Kona home or business, SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on call 24-hours a day to serve you. Call us at 808-329-6560. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.” Mahalo!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.