Fire Damage Safety Tips for Hilo?
SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui offers these important safety tips for Hilo residents from our website while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and the wiring may be damaged
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner as improper cleaning may set the smoke odor
Call Us Today!
When you need fire restoration services in Hilo, SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 808-329-6560.
SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Independently Owned and Operated.