Grilling Fire in Lahaina?
U.S. Grilling Statistics
Did you know that seven out of every ten people in the United States have a griller or smoker? According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), between 2014 and 2018, fire departments responded to over 8900 home fires involving grills, hibachis, or barbeques per year.
SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Lahaina, and we offer these grilling safety tips from the NFPA to help you stay safe while grilling on a charcoal grill:
Charcoal Grill Safety
- There are several ways to get the charcoal ready to use. Charcoal chimney starters allow you to start the charcoal using newspaper as fuel.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire
- Keep charcoal fluid out of the reach of children and away from heat sources
- There are also electric charcoal starters, which do not use fire. Be sure to use an extension cord for outdoor use.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui offers a full range of fire restoration services to return your home or commercial business to preloss condition with minimal disruption. Call us today at 808-329-6560. We’ll restore your fire damage in Lahaina, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Independently Owned and Operated.