Shower Pan Problems in Kailua-Kona?
Kailua-Kona residents want to know.
Have you had your shower pan inspected lately? According to a study conducted by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IIBHS), homes more than twenty years old were 37 percent more likely to have water damage involving a shower, and more than half of these claims involved a damaged shower stall.
SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui has been responding to water damage emergencies for years in Hawaii and Maui, and many of these emergencies may have been prevented by annual inspection and maintenance to identify any small, potentially damaging issues before they became a bigger problem and repair. Here are some tips from the IIBHS for maintaining your shower pan:
- Inspect tile and grout every six months, paying attention to loose or cracked tiles or cracked and crumbling grout lines. Repair as needed.
- Test the shower pan annually by:
- Blocking the drain
- Fill the shower stall with about one inch of water
- Use a pencil to mark the waterline
- Leave the water standing in the shower pan for 8 hours
- If the water level decreases, contact a plumbing professional.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is ready to assist you with any water damage emergency 24-hours a day in Hawaii and Maui. Call us today at 808-329-6560. We’ll restore your water damage in Kailua-Kona, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Hawaii |SERVPRO® of Maui is Independently Owned and Operated.