What Can I Do If My Home Floods During a Storm in Waikoloa?
Aloha! Do you know how to minimize water damage if your home floods during a storm? Our teams in Hawaii and Maui restore storm damage throughout the year. Waikoloa locals can take these steps while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other household appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When your Waikoloa home or commercial business has a storm damage emergency, our teams in Hawaii and Maui are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 808-329-6560. Mahalo!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.